I have seven New Year’s resolutions that I’m taking on in 2017 that I think will really help me maintain my home more effectively. I recommend these seven things to all fellow homeowners!
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes for sale
Selling your home? Get a FREE home value report
In light of 2017, I decided there are a few New Year’s resolutions I wanted to start and maintain when it comes to my home this year. There are seven that I want to share with you:
- I will turn off all my lights. I have small kids, so I can’t imagine how much money is wasted every month from lights being left on.
- I will remove my shoes and compel others to do the same. This is always a good idea if you have carpet in your house. Taking your shoes off every single day can make a big difference over a long period of time.
- I will put money into a maintenance account for my house regularly. This is for when things break and for preventative maintenance.
- I will conduct many inspections of my house.
- I will wash my windows consistently. Think of how much brighter your house is without that film of dust throughout the year.
- I will change my A/C filters monthly. This is a big one most people forget. I actually write the day that I change the filter on it so I know when to change it out.
- I will declutter a bit every single day. Just keep the house clean and when you move, you’ll have less to deal with.
Simply taking your shoes off every day will make a big difference in keeping your carpet clean.
I highly recommend these seven tips to any fellow homeowners. If you have any questions or you’re thinking about buying or selling a home, give me a call or send me an email. I’d love to hear from you!